Friday, April 6, 2012

Roadside sketch in Rio / Σχέδιο στον δρόμο στο Ρίο



Charcoal and watercolour in my large format sketchbook.

A beautiful day. What better than to park the car by the sea and draw whatever there is to see. This is the first day in a long time when I felt the sun's heat. I think my car drawing jaunts may be coming to an end soon. At least for the season. It's starting to warm up and I'll end up roasting in what is essentially a tin can. I wonder how I will solve my privacy issues. Although attracting attention isnt always a bad thing. People, normally overburdened with their own troubles, stop, look, their faces lighten up and lo and behold they smile. In a time of destruction, where people are struggling for survival, someone doing something positive and creative in public must be a very quaint antithesis.

Μια πανέμορφη μέρα. Πάρκαρα το αυτοκίνητο στην παραλία στο Ριο και ζωγράφησα οτι έβλεπα. Για πρώτη φορά φέτος αισθάνθηκα ζέστη. Σε λίγο δεν νομίζω να με τραβάει να ζωγραφίζω από το αυτοκίνητο. Θα λιώσω μέσα στο κονσερβοκούτι. Να δω πως θα λύσω το πρόβλημα για την πολυπόθητη ησυχία μου. Ακόμα και τώρα όταν περνάγανε αυτοκίνητα, ειδικά φορτηγά οπού ο οδηγός είναι πιο ψηλά, μείωναν την ταχύτητα μπας και δούνε τι φτιάχνω. Για να πω και την αλήθεια δεν είναι κακό. Έκει που όλοι είναι βασανισμένοι με τα δικά τους, ξαφνικά ξαστερώνουν όταν με βλέπουν. Χαμογελούν. Σε μια εποχή πανωλεθρίας, μάλλον ένα άτομο με μία φανερά δημιουργική διάθεση αποτελεί γραφική αντίθεση.

No comments:

Post a Comment