Tuesday, January 14, 2014

I love street corners / Μ'αρέσουν οι γωνίες του δρόμου




I've been meaning to draw this central corner for a while. I really wanted to study all its peculiarities. It's lights and darks, its highs and lows, its nooks and crannies. And finally I did and they were all quite beautiful. The cafe seating arrangement was ideal. Tall enough for me to look over parked cars and very comfortble, with the space of a work bench, right next to the sidewalk. It's as if they had taken me into account when they planned it all. As time goes by this town seems to adapt all the more to me. If only the Sade cd they had playing on loop had jammed. It would have all been perfect. 

Την είχα βάλει στο μάτι αυτήν την γωνία εδώ και καιρό. Ήθελα πάρα πολύ να μελετήσω όλες τις ιδιοσυγκρασίες της. Τα φωτείνα και τα σκούρα της, τα ψηλά και τα χαμηλά της, τα στραβά και τα ίσια της. Και τελικά τα κατάφερα και ήταν όλα όμορφα. Η θέση της καφετέριας στην οποία έκατσα ήταν ιδανική. Ψηλή για να βλέπω πάνω από τα παρκαρισμένα αυτοκίνητα και αναπαυτική με την άνεση πάγκου εργασίας. Λες και με σκέφτηκαν όταν τα τοποθέτησαν.  Όσο περνάει ο καιρός αυτή η πόλη όλο και έρχεται στα μέτρα μου.

No comments:

Post a Comment